[gps-talkusers] nobody seems to know

  • From: "jason smith" <thisisjj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:05:00 +1000

Hi Mike and list,
I was searching the Freedom Scientific website and came across News articles of
guys being given street talker for the Pac mate. I was surprised at this as I
have been waiting for its release, as they have promiced Australian maps. I
phoned to inquire about its availability. I was told that it is said to be
released next week. Which I notice coincides with a large technology expo.
However, I was informed by another person from the company that there is no
release date and that the news reports were probably only trials. Why tease us
by suggesting it is available?  I am wondering how one guy rode in a marathon
using the street talker as a guide. I am learning a lot of the good and bad
things of GPS through this list.
thanks Jason