[gps-talkusers] Re: how to enter zip code

  • From: Peggy Kern <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:54:45 -0700

When it asks for street name, I'd just type the number 30, and maybe it
will put the street you want among the returns.  Sometimes that helps when
you can't get a match.  I guess the problem is that sometimes it can be
"North 30th" and sometimes "N 30th" and sometimes "30th Street North".  If
worse comes to worse, perhaps you can find the coordinates for it online
and then search for it that way.  To my knowledge, there isn't a way to
search for a zip code in version 2.  I wonder if there will be in version 3?

Peggy

mailto:kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx