[gps-talkusers] hello from Germany

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 23:51:32 +0200

I am pleasantly surprised to find how many restaurants and other useful Points
of Interest are popping up as I explore the small German city of Freiburg.
There are giant plazas with tiny streets winding their way into the heart of
this city, many buildings dating to the 1300s. It is amazing to me to be on a
street, hardly wider than a sidewalk, and a restaurant pops up within a few
metres of where I am walking.

The tricky part is navigating these oepn water gutters between the sidewalk and
the street. They are about a foot wide and 18 inches deep, flowing with dranage
water. You better stay on track or you could slip into one of these leg
breakers. The POI density is quite good and incredibly helpful when fituring
out where to go for various meals and what tourist sites to check out.

I'll have some pictures and audio clips posted at
http://www.senderogroup.com/blog.htm within the next day or so.

Mike

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Crashing Through by Robert Kurson in stores May 15. Go to
http://www.CrashingThrough.com

Developers and distributors of the first-ever accessible GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Talks, Miniguide and the ID Mate bar code
reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West