[gps-talkusers] finding a real address

  • From: "alice dampman Humel" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:44:36 -0500

Hi, all,
    I want to go to a particular address from my house. I know I have to take
subway, bus, or some combo thereof. In order to know what subway to take and to
where, I have to know some details about where the address is: cross streets,
for example.
    How do I find this out using gps? Would I set it as an explore position and
virtually move around to get an idea of what streets are around? What if one of
the streets is familiar to me? The street the address is on is very long and
goes all the way through the city, so in order to get over there, I've got to
know about where it is on the street.
    Then, once I get there to the subway station, I can plot a route from there
in real time, right? Is there a way to do this before I leave so I have some
idea of how far and which way I'll have to walk?
    If I'm missing something really obvious here, I apologize in advance!
Thanks for help.
Alice
alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx