[gps-talkusers] e: uggestion please

  • From: gavin atkins <gavin.atkins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:34:51 +1300

Hi Silvia
Load your Northern england maps and do an address lookup for either Ambleside or certainly Windermere and you'll bring up either of those as a City-town then you can search for street name, just press enter for a list of streets and you'll get the lot or I sometimes ask for "highstreet" as most towns have one then set your vertual position to that address and then do a poi search in all categories.

I have holidayed at afbp's Windermere manor at Windermere with my gps and you'll find lots of My poi's around windermere and some in Ambleside including Bryson's bakery where you'll find lots of very nice things to eat!!! you'll also find that the terminal for the lake steamer is also a commercial poi but it's not accurately positioned so you could finish up in the lake!
Kind regards Gavin and Nathan

Gavin Atkins,
tel: M 07702:051633,
Email: gavin.atkins@xxxxxxxxxx

Support Guide Dogs by using MagicTaxis FREE internet search engine and email. MagicTaxi gives 50 % of its advertising revenue to charity. For more information see wwwddguidedogsddorgdduk/magictaxi