[gps-talkusers] Re: e: taking your gps on airlines

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:27:01 -0700

Scott,

I have noticed recently that the airlines have added WiFi to the list of things that cannot be used on board. They have not yet added Bluetooth to that list. Since the range of Bluetooth is typically 30 feet or less, perhaps this will not be banned.

There are plenty of people using their PK and Bluetooth on flights. The fact is that the Bluetooth could be transmitting from a PK or laptop for that matter even if there isn't a Bluetooth device communicating with them.

Mike

wrote:
Hi Guys,        I ca see the standard BN with the earth mate serial, there
is no transmitter.  With regards to the Pk though, the blue tooth is a
transmitter, Correct?  So does this mean that we should not use them on an
aircraft?  Mike have you used the PK and the Blue logger on an aircraft?
Scott

-----Original Message----- From: gps-talkusers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gps-talkusers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael May Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 10:27 AM To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: e: taking your gps on airlines

Gavin,

The trick is to ask the pilot for permission and not the flight attendant.
Give the flight attendant a braille and print note that says,
"I'd like permission to use my Braille GPS in the air. This is a receiving
device only."
Ask him or her to present this to the pilot.