[gps-talkusers] Re: e: list settings for replies

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 20:29:47 -0400

Oh, sorry about that. This is a good example of the advantage of switching, though: your message and my reply (this one) could have been done off-list. I don't care what happens to the format of the list, but I am just saying that it is a prime example. <smile

Have a great day,
Alex

From: "Sharonda Greenlaw" <sbgreenlaw@xxxxxxxxx
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:53:24 -0700

I hope I'm not out of turn to say this,as I think I have missed
parts
of this conversation. If I'm correct, it sounds like a discussion
on
whether to include an option of whether we can reply straight to
the
author of the message or to leave it as is where replies come
straight
to the list.
I would like to see the list stay as x is. I do a lot of email on
my
BrailleNote. If if p use their BN's a lot, they will know that
email
isn't easy until things change. Right now, I can press reply and
my
message is available for all to see. If things change, when I
press
reply, what I meant for the entire list will not get there
without
adding address in the CC field.
These are just my thoughts. Take care.
Sharonda

On 8/4/07, Flor Lynch <florlync@xxxxxx> wrote:
Present exceptions, this list doesn't get many of those and I
hope that that
will continue to be the case.  You will still get people who
will Reply To
All to vent or to thank.  (I see this on some lists I'm on.)

From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 07:58:52 -0700
Subject: [gps-talkusers] list settings for replies

If you reply to all on this list, two messages will be sent to
the list.  Hence the recent duplicates.  Just do a normal reply
and only one message will be sent.

We could change the settings so that Reply would be only to the
sender of the message and Reply to All would go to the sender
and
the list.  This is the way many lists are set up.  Perhaps this
would reduce list traffic when a message is only relevant for
the
person that posted and not for the whole list.

As long as everyone understands the difference between Reply and
Reply to All, I am leaning toward this way of handling message