[gps-talkusers] Re: Updating Maps

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 12:56:04 -0700

Karen,

There are two major map suppliers in the U.S. and both cover much of Europe
as well. They are constantly working on updating the street maps. They
release updates about once a quarter but this isn't for the whole country,
only the parts they have updated. They get the updates from a number of
sources, including their own surveys.

Sendero will be providing updated maps with the release of BrailleNote GPS
version 3. On average, we will probably do an entire country map update
about once a year as long as it is necessary to do so on CD or DVD. At some
point, this might be possible on-line and then the updates could be cheaper
and more frequent.

>Hello all!
>
>I am wondering how often the state and city maps are updated.  Are the maps
>we currently use a year or two old?  Just curious.
>
>With a smile,
>Karen

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West