[gps-talkusers] Re: Tip of the week August 11

  • From: "Ed and Christy Crespin" <crespin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:54:27 -0700

You are so CRAZY! (SMILE) CC
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Sweetman" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:41 AM
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Tip of the week August 11

After recording a trace file, I often use the Create Route from Replay File
(R F when in the GPS program), to automatically generate a route from the
Replay file. The annotations that you create when recording the Replay file are then incorporated as WayPoints in the route. You can see them when you
use the Dash (BT), or Read+Right Arrow, (QT), command to follow the route.

Also, when you play back the Replay File by setting the GPS Receiver to GPS
Replay, (O G, R), from within the GPS program, you can see your speed,
altitude, streets, and nearby Points of interest that you passed during your
travels.

I recently used my BrailleNote PK to record a replay file for a ParaGlider
flight that I took in the Grand Tetons. I then showed my students that you can replay the file, showing your ground speed, Altitude, and nearby points
of interest while flying along.

Bob Sweetman