[gps-talkusers] Tele Atlas map data

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:54:53 -0700

Per the email from Sarah, we now have a link on www.MySendero.com where you can
link to Tele Atlas to submit map corrections. There is a form there you need to
fill out. If there is a required field you don't know the answer to, pick the
option that says "other." The map product is called MultiNet and the version
number is 2005.2.

I tested this by submitting a street in my area which has never existed in
reality. I got an email back from them within an hour.

FYI, Charles and I met yesterday with Tele Atlas and I can share with you some
promising developments.

As you know, the position of some commercial addresses can be off by as much as
a few hundred feet because these are computer projections of where an address
should be. Many times, it is not clear what should be considered the address
location for large buildings or for strip malls for example. Tele Atlas is
working on more precise address locations that are based upon an actual
business location and not a projection.

They say they are closing a license deal with an additional points of interest
supplier in the U.S. to further enhance the restaurant and travel POI data.

We can't promise anything yet but they say better POI data in Europe could be
available to us. We are crossing our fingers that this happens since the
European data is currently pretty weak.

Tele Atlas merged with another map company, GDT and their combined map data
should be available early in 07. This should be a particularly dramatic data
improvement.

I mention these items for your information. I don't have anything firm as to
when these things will happen. It is just good to know what they are working on
and I thought we should share that information with our users.

Mike

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Talks, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch, and the ID Mate bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West