[gps-talkusers] Re: THE TAG FEATURE IN 2010

  • From: Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:25:51 +0800

Hi Carol,
The Blind Army, in December of 2009 used the tag feature quite extensively
in San Francisco, CA, where there were a number of teams equipped with
BrailleNotes and Sendero GPS. I am sure that the archive is still up on CBS
somewhere. But, as I was part of the Blind Army, the various items that were
tagged were items that wouldn't usually be found in commercial POI
databases, such as bus bench, shelter, elevator, escalators--all of the
various items that blind or  people with disabilities are concerned with
that exist in the environment. Most of these tags were things that were
manually inserted by various people who created user POIs, but it wasn't
until tags was introduced did we see a convention to the naming scheme.
Kevin