[gps-talkusers] Re: Sportrak VS. EarthMate

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:36:57 -0400

I can't answer about Sendaro's plans, but even if they don't, the
EarthMate is available with a bluetooth interface, and while I don't
know much about bluetooth, you may be able to buy a receiver device that
plugs into the serial port of the BN.  You'll probably have to call
Delorme for the answer to that one, and you'll need to ask if software
drivers are necessary to use it if so.  If this is possible, you're back
to having to manage batteries again though.  Unless you want to locate
the receiver very far from you, I can't really imagine any real
advantages to using bluetooth.

Chip

=20