[gps-talkusers] Signatures

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:52:46 +0900

Hello, people,
Well, now I am really worried a bit about that signature of mine. When I used to chat with Kate on MSN, I asked her once what my nickname sounded like. She said that her JAWS choked a bit on it, but it was OK because she knew what was happening. I wish she were still here, I really miss her.

The reason I use that signature and am more than a bit reluctant to remove it is because I have heard that your signature identifies your E-mail as yours and nobody else's, and the signature is difficult to duplicate. However, a signature does not always save a person from malicious mischief. A little over a year ago, Pablo Morales, posing as a blind guy, wrote something very ugly and obscene to a list I was on and wrote my name at the end of it. Everyone seemed to think I had written it, and paid no attention to the fact my signature was missing. Nevertheless, I will maintain to continue using that signature for the slight peace of mind it gives me. I do not intend to offend anyone, but that's just the way things are in the real world.

Walk in sunshine with your GPS guiding you around the deepest puddles in the rain

Dick Myers
(8):[(8)

From: "Ann K. Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: akp@xxxxxxxxx CC: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: GPS Chat room Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:51:30 -0400

Hi all,

I took a look at Dick's signiture again, and it seems to be an
emoticon.  If I've misspoken, forgive me, but that signiture he's got
just shows up in my speech synthe as 8 8  because I have punctuation
turned off.  I must assume that this gobble-dee-gook of punctuation
means something, but probably not what I've interpreted it to mean.
When writing to a list on which there are mostly blind folks, it's not
a good idea to use emoticons because most sensible folks turn off
punctuation in their speech.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons