[gps-talkusers] Re: Question about the monthly poi update

  • From: "Rich Irwin" <rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:02:36 -0700

Hi Peggy:

That will work until they send you back the collective poi file and when you
copy it into your user poi file it will create duplicates of those that you
sent them.  If you rename your user poi file and then bring in the
collective poi file, you will not have the poi files that you did not send
to them.  If you create a separate and differently named file for your
personal poi files that you do not send, you would have to copy them back
into your user poi file and then edit them back out each month.  Hopefully
the program can look at two separate files so we don't have to keep moving
and editing files every month.  I hope you are not as confused as I am.

Rich Irwin
rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>