[gps-talkusers] Points of interest:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:16:17 -0700

Hi! I have noticed that when I walk on the walking path I hear user points of interest about a quarter of a mile away being announced. I had a Juneau walk with Seeing Eye the other day and was mentioning this and Mr. Torrence said it was likely because we were in a wide open space. I don't remember the gps ever doing this in previous versions and I have no idea how to stop this. Funnily enough, these points are announced when I get to where they are actually are, but why am I hearing them a good quarter of a mile before I get to them at first?

Just interested to hear what you all have to say about this fanomina.
Thanks for reading!
Mary Ellen Earls
http://senderogroup.com/email.htm

â??unsubscribeâ?? in the Subject.