[gps-talkusers] POI's in my community.

  • From: "Joleen Ferguson" <cjferg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:54:50 -0700

I sent a message to this list last week about the POI's being far off in my
community.  I was in hopes that version 5 would fix the problem, but no
luck.  Then I was hopeful that version 6 would bring the improvements, but
not so according to the tests a friend and I did with her Sendero version 6.

I sent messages to this list when we were current at version 4 and my
comments were attributed to skip and dismissed.  It wasn't until a sighted
friend gained the attention of Charles by looking at visual map data.  I was
told that Tele atlas would come to my area and check things out.  This was
to result in improvements for version 5.  I guess it helped with street
locations, but the POI's are miserably off base.

Someone on this list suggested that I create user POI's.  That task would be
daunting for an entire community.  It is not even a little helpful to
discover that a POI for a business is 800 feet off the mark.

My question"

How can I make this problem obvious so that it will gain the attention of
those who need to fix it?  I would be glad to create some user POI's
demonstrating the real locations as compared with those offered by Sendero.
I cannot see a reason to update my version until things can be more accurate
where I live.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Joleen