[gps-talkusers] Re: New feature of of the day, October 13

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:14:03 -0700

Unfortunately this will not be in 5.0 but the building blocks are in place to allow this in the future. Each commercial POI has not only a "on-street" location but an off-street location as well. Once fully implemented you will be able to adjust the off-street location from the default 15 feet from the "on-street" primary location for route navigation to a location more suited for blind travel (ie. the front door.)

Sendero did not want to implement a feature half heartily so instead we decided to pull this ability until which time it will seamlessly work with not only POI lookaround events, editing capabilities, but also with routes and the ability to create routes ultimately to the front door of these establishments.

Thanks
Charles.

Will you be able to update the location? For example, Last Saturday, I was in New Jersey. I was looking for a catering hall Called Macaluso's. The poi was there, but it was off about a street about 800 feet or so. Would I be able to correct that error some how in 5.0?