[gps-talkusers] New and Updated GTFS Data

  • From: "Charles LaPierre" <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 19:10:57 -0700

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to report that we have added a new GTFS data feed,  AC Transit
in the Alameda Contra-Costa region with over 5500 bus stops.  Sendero has
also updated both Trimet GTFS feed in Portland Oregon and the Sound Transit
GTFS feed in Seattle Washington.

Here is a list of the updated feeds:

_California_AC_Transit_Alameda_GTFS - (0.43 MB), October 07 2011

_Oregon_Portland_TriMet_GTFS - (0.67 MB), October 07 2011

and

_Washington_SoundTransit_Seattle_GTFS - (0.86 MB), October 07 2011

You can go log into your Sendero account at www.gosendero.com and follow the
link to the "Google Transit POI Databases (GTFS)" to download the latest
copy.  Then unzip and copy the contents into your map folder.  You must have
either the 2010 or 2011 version of any of Sendero's products.

If you would like your local Transit agencies Bus stops to be converted
please go to http://www.gtfs-data-exchange.com/agencies/bylocation

If it is listed then email Sendero the name of the transit agency, city and
state/province or country.

If your transit agency does not exist in GTFS format then you will need to
contact your local transit authority and ask them if they can put their bus
data in GTFS format so Sendero can convert the data into an accessible
format.

Enjoy

Charles LaPierre, CTO Sendero Group

Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Phone: 888-757-6810

Email: <mailto:Charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendero web:  <http://www.senderogroup.com> http://www.senderogroup.com

General GPS Web:  <http://www.AccessibleGPS.com>
http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747