[gps-talkusers] Re: Nevada map question

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:11:31 -0700

Kim,

I just did the same thing yesterday and came up with a long list of options for Las Vegas.

Here is what I did using GPS 3.1 with  version 3 maps:

State: Nevada
City: Las Vegas. This was the second choice. The other was Las Vegas Clark
Street name: Las Vegas. I got 31 matches.
One of the choices was 89109

In case you need it, the lat/lon is:
36, 8, 6.034N.
115, 9, 46.666 W

Hi: - I loaded the Nevada maps onto my braille note as I make prep for the
convention.  I had planned to set the virtual destination mode to the
riviera hotel address which is 2901 las vegas blvd. S, las vegas, NV 89109,
but the las vegas strip zip code does not seem to be inclueded within the
maps which is kind of disappointing.  Can you please tell me what I'm doing
wrong, or are my maps need upgrading, they are only a year old.  The only
las vegas blvd s. street listed are for zip code 89104, 89101, so when you
enter the street number it tells you no such place exists.  I was really
looking forward to using this while out in las vegas is there any solution
to this.  Thanks for any advice. - Kim
P.S.: - When I loaded the Nevada maps onto my compact flash card there were
five parts that copied over

Kim Lookingbill
kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx (email or MSN Messenger)

Blast From The Past