[gps-talkusers] Re: NAVIGATING IN VIRTUAL MODE

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:04:34 -0800

Hi,
You wrote:

Hi Folks,

Some time ago, I could navigate a route in virtual mode.  Advancing
from way point to waypoint in virtual mode, allowed me to familiarize
myself with the route.

Unfortunately, I have forgotten how to move from waypoint to waypoint.
The space w or w tells me that the command cannot be performed in
virtual mode.  Please tell me how to process this move.  Thank you.

Ah yes, I've run across this issue, too. Set your virtual position and destination. Create whatever route type, e.g. pedestrian or vehicle, that you need. If you have a route already saved, open it. Then you need to do a 2,3,5,6 chord to make your first move. Thereafter you can simply press the space bar to travel to each waypoint or turn, depending what route announcement mode you have set at the time. If it's detailed, each press of the space bar moves you to each waypoint along the route until you reach your destination; otherwise, pressing the space bar takes you through each turn. To change this announcement mode, type r followed by m.

Hope this helps.

Tom