[gps-talkusers] Mountains mountains everywhere

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter.bosher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:40:52 +0100

Hi All,

Imagine my surprise while on a ferry in the Solent, part of the English Channel, to hear that I was surrounded by mountain peaks ...

Seriously, there's another anomaly with POI categories. What I imagine are Marine Navigation aids are classed as mountain peaks in the World User POI file, so Charles if you set your location to the following position with the World POIs loaded you'll see four mountain peaks:
Lat: 50 degrees, 50 minutes, 10 seconds North
Long: 1 degree, 19 minutes, 18 seconds West.

Happy sailing.

Peter

--

*******