[gps-talkusers] Mobile Geo, finding addresses

  • From: "Alycia Barras" <alyciameister@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 12:39:36 -0500

I have just begun to use Mobile Geo in my travels for work.  I live in
Arkansas currently.  It seems to be a VERY rural state.  My problems are
that I am having difficulty finding addresses when they are located along a
highway.  Or, when the mailing address lists one city, and Mobile Geo has it
as something COMPLETELY different.  I am guessing that this is how the maps
are laid out?  For example, one person?s address is in Center Ridge, AR, but
there is no such city on the map.  Another person?s mailing address is in
Jacksonville, but it is not actually where the individual lives, according
to Mobile Geo.  It is listed as the ?Hill Area.? Google Maps is able to find
it according to the given address. I can?t even get it to tell me how to get
to Highway 36 when I know that we are close to that point.  It just can?t
find it? unless you are actually ON that road. This is just one example.

And when I try to put in a highway, such as Highway 36, which is a state
highway, Mobile Geo can?t find it.  Yet, when I make the trip out there, it
names it immediately upon turning onto the road.   Is there a way to solve
these problems?  So far, the only way I have gotten around this is to
geocode the addresses, put in the latitude and longitude coordinates of a
given address so that Mobile Geo can guide me there.  Is there a way to NOT
put in a city, or am I correct, that the city name HAS to be filled in.  Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any information you can give,
Alycia Barras