[gps-talkusers] Re: MORE THOUGHTS ON ROUNDABOUTS

  • From: debby phillips <semisweetdebby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:45:50 -0800

I have been driven by my mom to some places that she didn't know the location of and because I could use GPS to make a vehicle route, we got there faster and with more ease than we would have otherwise. My mom is in the category of those seniors who do not want, and indeed are a bit fearful of all the new technology. It's fine for me to operate the GPS, but she doesn't really want to bother with it. But if I'm going to travel with her, I'm glad that I can be of help in giving instructions when we're in an unfamiliar area. And it makes me feel much better when I'm in a cab if I know that I have the route down, so I can't be cheated, or dropped in the wrong place (and it does happen on occasion). Debby and Cleo