[gps-talkusers] Re: Interesting Address Lookup Phenomenon

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:29:31 -0700

Hi Joleen

No this is expected behavior and has been like this since version 2 I believe.

When you mix countries you will get that prompt. If you don't want to hear provinces each time but "Enter State" then remove British_Columbia.pro from the maps folder and it will default to saying State again. If you add in map like the UK then it will say "Enter Region", and if you enter a standalone map like Australia it will say enter Country. There is already a request to have it say "Enter State or Province", or "Enter State, Province, Country" or something like that but it didn't make it into this release.

Charles.

At 10:13 PM 8/2/2007, you wrote:
Hi All,

I have, in my maps folder, Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia.

When I do an address search, even if it offers Washington as the default, it asks for the province. When I enter Washington, it finds it, though. Is this a cute little bug?

Joleen

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W