[gps-talkusers] I'm curious about something:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 19:24:07 -0700

Hi!
Do any of  you with either sighted spouses or sighted significant others own
cars with gps's on them?
I am wondering this because I wonder if anyone has ever used the bn gps or the
trekker gps in the car while the sighted person has used the car gps and I
wonder if our results were any different.
Oh an interesting little aside.
Yesterday they came to rebuild this stupid laptop from the hard drive on up. I
was doing e-mail with the Braille note when the man was waiting for good old
windows to start installing its files.
I had been for my walk, thus the delorme wasstill attached to the shoulder
strap. The man looked up and asked if that was a gps receiver on the strap. I
said it was and he said he had a delorme on his laptop and that was how he had
gotten to my house.
I have dealt with this computer company for 3 and a half years and I have
noticed that most of the techies now use gps and sometimes map quest to get
where they need to go.
Yeppers, things can only get better.
Well, so long.
Mary Ellen Earls