[gps-talkusers] Gaining knowledge, with competence comes confidence

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:17:22 +0900

Hello, Ann,
"Become what thou art"? If you are something already, why do you need to become it? What is the point? You already are it. My old Alma Mater says "Be all you can be", then provides many of the materials and help to make a person rise to as high as he can. Just like working in GPS, a few of us really excell, like Mary Ellen for example. Over the years, I have watched her start from absolute zero ("What is GPS, anyway?") to now, where that system is like a pair of eyes to her, and Sendero should hire her to advertise and teach for them. Now, as for me, I am on the other end of the scale. Most of the time, my Earthmate won't even come om properly, and I have never been able to get it to register a location so I can return to it under guidance. Well, as Mary Ellen did, I'm just going to keep slogging along. Soon, I am sure, I will finally rise to the level of my own incompetence. The more I learn, the more I realize that I don't know. Also soon, I know that I will know absolutely everything about absolutely nothing!!

Walk in sunshine

Dick Myers

From: "Ann K. Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: coffee
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:43:44 -0400

Hi all,

Hey, anything that makes a person learn something new is good.  It may
be a hard lesson.  It may cause some difficulties, but once learned,
it's part of the growing tree that's you.  My old Alma Mater has a
motto.  "As the great oak must from the acorn start, so be our
endeavor, become what thou art."  The seal of the school is an acorn
and an oak leaf together.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons