[gps-talkusers] Re: FW: [Loadstone] ESA's most advanced navigation satellite launchedtonight

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:17:23 -0700

No, the Euro and American systems are interoperable. (remember we're all Nato members and this has everything to do with defense interoperability) The receivers support the different systems so you wouldn't need to swap out your hardware. Don't think of these as competing systems so much as systems for their respective regions. It's just a little more comforting for the Europeans to use a European spec system in their region and a US in ours but they play nice.:) Also note the receivers you see, including the M1000, support WAAS and EGNOS already and they stamp that on the box. You shouldn't need to replace anything.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Gammon" <jgammon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>