[gps-talkusers] FW: Aquapac.net US form

  • From: "kb7uen gene" <kb7uen5893@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'The StreeTalk user list.'" <streettalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'The PAC Mate User List'" <pmlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:38:34 -0800

Hi All,

I have some information on a couple waterproof clear sleeves, which all the
PM incarnations, older generation and Omni, could be slid into to protect
the hardware from drizzle, rain, and hurricanes.  These sleeves would also
be useful for other outdoor sports such as kayaking, canoeing, and camping.
The sleeves could also be used with all kinds of other adaptive technology
and mainstream products, you would just need to match the sleeve dimensions
against the dimensions of the product you want to put into the sleeve.  The
site has sleeves of all sizes for anything you can think of.  Below are
links which take you directly to the pages on the Aquapac web site to see
the sleeves that would work with the PM, but these sleeves would work with
other notetakers as well.  These links go to the specific product pages
Karen mentions in her reply email.  The company is based out of the UK, so I
have provided links to the US site first and UK site second.

Gene

US STORE WEB SITE

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/waterproof-cases-for-multi-purposes-1647-0.ht
ml

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/large-whanganui-br-664-1657-0.html

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/jumbo-whanganui-br-674-1658-0.html

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/aquapac-us-store-1-0.html

UK STORE WEB SITE

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/waterproof-cases-for-multi-purposes-1647-0.ht
ml

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/large-whanganui-br-code-664-1657-0.html

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/jumbo-whanganui-br-code-674-1658-0.html

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/aquapac-row-store-1-0.html

Some thoughts on using StreetTalk VIP in adverse weather conditions such as
hurricanes and tornados.

Hurricanes would be a real challenge for StreetTalk VIP, because it would
constantly be recalculating the route as the wind blew you out to sea.  You
would probably want to use the breadcrumb route creation feature so you
could drift back to shore eventually.  Tornados would be a totally different
story for StreetTalk VIP, I think all you could do in that case is check
attitude as you spun and carried away to your final resting place inside a
tree trunk next to a piece of straw, or in the midst of mangled steel
wreckage, cheap wood paneling, bean bag chairs, and black light posters of
KISS from a pre 1980 trainer park.

Eugene Iwanski Jr. (kb7uen5893@xxxxxxxxxxx) on Wednesday, December 2, 2009
at 11:28:22

address1: 2800 Limited LN NW

address2: # G-5

town: Olympia

state: WA

zipcode: 98502

comments: I have a PDA for the blind, which is 13' x 11".  I use a GPS
program for the blind to get around on foot, but the problem with living in
Washington State, is all the rain.  I need a waterproof clear sleeve, which
the PDA can slide into and allow me to access the laptop keyboard from to
control the software on the PDA.  So far, I have had no luck on the web
finding anything which will work.  It needs to have some sort of eye holes
or loops for a shoulder strap, and flexable enough through the clear vinyl
to work with the keyboard.  Is there such an thing out there?  It is
frustrating to have a product which helps with getting around, but I can't
use it because of the rain or constant drizzle.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks, Gene

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image