[gps-talkusers] FW: A totally mysterious happening with the Delorme:

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:42:24 -0400

Well, if no other reason occurs to you, it's true that moisture in the
sky above you (specifically between you and the satellites) absorbs
satellite signals.  This is why you loose contact sometimes when you go
into a heavily forested area, it's actually all the moisture in the tree
canopy that's the problem.

Chip

  _____