[gps-talkusers] Re: Digest version?

  • From: Kim Casey <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:55:11 -0400

Larry and others,

To get a digest once a day you will have to create an account at
freelists.org.  That doesn't mean that you will get lots of spam or
advertisements emailed to you, it just means that you will be able to
personalize your settings.

Here is how you sign up for an account:

1.  Go to //www.freelists.org/login.html
Input your email address as if you were going to login, make sure it is the
same email that you are subscribed to the list.  Leave the password input
box empty and press enter on the Login button.

2.  You will be transferred to another very similar page where they will
ask you to do the same thing, but this time it will mention an
Authorization Code.  So input your email address again (actually it might
already be in the box), leave the password blank and hit enter on the Login
button.

3. You will then be transfered to the Authorization Code page and your
Authorization code will be emailed to you within a couple of minutes.  It
is *VERY* important to keep that page up and stay logged in to the internet
until you have received your Auth. code.  If you disconnect before, you
will receive an "authorization code expired" message.

4. Copy and paste your Auth. code into the edit box and submit it.

5. You will then go to the main page, which can be confusing.  You want to
tab until you reach the edit box to change your password, should be about 8
tabs.  Enter in a password that you like, confirm the password in the next
edit box and enter on the button that says 'change password'.

6. You will get a confirmation that you have changed your password, click
the back button to get back to the previous page.

7.  Now you want to tab to the list selection box, about 5 from the top,
and choose our list gps-talkusers.  It is a long list, you once you are in
the selection box, you can hit G to go to all the entries that start with
G, then arrow down to ours. Then hit enter on the button 'Select List'

8. You will then be taken to the List Description page.

9.  Tab to the button that says 'Change Settings'

10.  Here you want to find the check box that will select Digest, check it,
then tab to the update account button and that should do it.  There is a
Digest2, which will give you a digest and the normal messages (not what you
want- I assume), so be careful not to select that one.

Hope that helps, if not, please let me know.  I am not positive about how
accessible this website is as I did all of this surfing with sight.  I do
know that the tabbing navigation works well, just not sure how it reads.

Kim