[gps-talkusers] Comments on Trekker and Holux:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 06:13:06 -0700

Hi Mike and all!
Yesterday, I took my Trekker out with the Holux 236 and it was interesting to see the difference between what Trekker and the Braille Note did. First I have been living on a golf course for 2 years and yesterday the Trekker told me the name of the golf course. When I hit the Information button on Trekker I learned that 8 satellites were in view and the quality was "high!" We did not ever hear whether waas was turned on and where I exercise my dog, we always get a "waas" reading in at least 2 sections of the area. I have used Trekker since it came out, first with the Garman wired receiver which was attached to a special tray. The accuracy was at times better than the Braille Note Especially in the days of the Magellan 310 and Spor-track receivers. Then last summer I took the Trekker out with the Blue Logger and the coverage and accuracy wasnot nearly as good. I would loose coverage and the Blue Logger took forever getting a fix (which I talked about quite a bit in using it with the Braille Note too.) So I find the Holux vastly superior in accuracy in whatever gps system I use it and would highly recommend it to anyone inquiring about receivers.
Hope this helps.
Mary Ellen Earls