[gps-talkusers] Re: Blue Logger receiver and more

  • From: Wendy Miller Slominsky <wendyslominsky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:08:25 -0400

Thanks Mike and I'm just loving this. I'm so glad there is something I can carry without getting a back ache and enjoy the information I can get from the GPS. Finally I can really use this and it's a thrill.
I've got turning it off and getting that message it's the turning it on that seems hit and miss. I'll keep playing.
With the (C) either with or without the space, can you then set that as a POI to work your way to a destination you are familiar with? We tried this on our way back from NC and I was able to help my husband some with navigating but I'm also sure that with more use and experience I'll learn lots more and when I can help him out I can start walking around with Jasmine and get the real thrill this offers. I take the advise seriously not to use it with my Guide until I feel far more comfortable so my attention is still primarily on Jasmine.
FYI, speaking of Jasmine I finally have a wonderful dog after many heart ships and she is a Freedom yellow lab who is marvelous.
Thanks again Mike.
At 10:05 PM 7/22/2005, you wrote:

Wendy,

A couple suggestions about the power status of the Blue Logger receiver.
1. Read the Getting Started document.
2. Follow the instructions for turning it on and off and when you are first getting used to it, switch the receiver off before leaving the GPS program. It announces that the receiver is not detected. If the receiver isn't on or not paired, you will get a Bluetooth not detected message on the PK.

You do not need to have the receiver on when it is charging. If for some reason you want to charge it and use it at the same time, you certainly can.

There are a bunch of commands to announce where you are. Chord C gives you everything about your location. C announces the City.

I just got the PK and for sure I love it and spoiled???? O yes, it's so easily carried around and so nice to not have wires hanging all over.
The question is how people have learned to tell when the GPS is on or off? There is no sound and all I can think is checking if the PK has a signal. Also do you have to have it turned on all the time when it's charging?
Second user question is how to turn on the unit and find out where you are if you're in an unformiliar place, do not know the town or county just the state. Is there a way to have GPS identify for you where you are? Thanks
At 11:11 AM 7/21/2005, you wrote:
Yes, but Humanware Canada already has accessable pda's.
I am intrigued with Maestro but I have to admit once you have started using the pk you are so utterly spoiled it isn't funny.

Mary Ellen Earls
Remember! Today is the Tomorrow you thought about yesterday.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gallagher" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>