[gps-talkusers] Re: Ask Again

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 20:24:22 -0700

Hi Leslie, there isn't really anything that allows this, you could try increasing the Braille Display delay but that is used mainly in the multiple repeat situation.

The other idea would be to turn off all auto lookaround announcements and you would query the system when you wanted to know something. This works well but when you have a route open the automatic route announcements will still trigger when appropriate and will override the display with the critical turning information.

Hope this helps
Charles.

At 06:05 PM 4/5/2008, you wrote:
How could I command GPS not allow the Braille follow speech? I do not want
the Braille moves automatic by itself. I read slowly.

Leslie--

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Charles M. La Pierre
CTO Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor Stream, Voice Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID Mate
1-888-757-6810

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W