[gps-talkusers] A Moving Experience

  • From: JD Townsend <1587@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, j_d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:17:20 -0400

Hi:

Can someone clarify the following odd Gps behavior?

Sitting in my home I find my Holux is receiving 8 satilites and the signal strength is good. Looking at my POI for home, set on my porch about 10 feet away I learn that it is 104 feet behind, but checking again it is 124 feet behind. The distance changes between 110 and 128 feet but I havent moved at all.

Are my satilites wobbeling? Am I astral projecting? Is my Holux acting up? Or, is this normal variation?

All answers gratefully accepted.

JD Townsend
Helping the light dependent to see
Daytona Beach FL USA Earth Sol System East Milkey Way Close Sector