[gpodder-devel] using iTunes to fix "Cannot open device" on new iPod

  • From: sisto.silvio at gmail.com (Silvio Sisto)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:55:28 -0300

> 1) I ran in to the problem of gpodder saying it "Cannot open device"
> with a new iPod. The FAQ says the solution is to copy one file over using
> gtkpod.
>
> But gtkpod looked complicated to me, and I already had iTunes on my Windows
> partition so I just rebooted in Windows and used iTunes to download and sync
> one podcast. Then I rebooted in Linux and gpodder worked fine.

That is true. Also sometimes gtkpod won't be able to fix the ipod and
the only solution is to restore it using itunes. This has nothing to
do with gpodder but I agree with you that it should be in the wiki. I
presume anyone should be able to modify the wiki hence you should be
able to add that if you want.