[gpodder-devel] python path problem on FreeBSD

  • From: contrib at maisondubonheur.com (Alain TAUCH)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:03:40 +0100

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:35:06 +0100
Thomas Perl [Thomas] wrote:

Thomas> Hello Alain,
Thomas>
Thomas> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:51:56 +0100 Alain TAUCH wrote:
Thomas> > I just co the latest gpodder, and realized that the python path
Thomas> > changed (in fact since r257). On FreeBSD, the python path is
Thomas> > /usr/local/bin/python so gpodder won't work. What was the
Thomas> > reason for removing /usr/bin/env use ?
Thomas>
Thomas> While changing the .deb packaging code for Debian, I've changed this to
Thomas> go with the preferred interpreter location. The relevant paragraph is
Thomas> "1.3.2 Interpreter Location" in the Debian Python Policy[1].
Thomas>
Thomas> [1]
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ch-python.html

good to know ... but I'm sure FreeBSD is not the only one missing
/usr/bin/python ...

Thomas> I've changed the code again to work on FreeBSD (/usr/bin/env python),
Thomas> as it is not mandatory in Debian's policy to use a interpreter path
Thomas> of /usr/bin/python.

good, thanks :-)

--
Alain