[gpodder-devel] my.gpodder.org toplist enhancements

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:06:15 -0700

Hello there!

Some news on the my.gpodder.org ("gPodder web services") front:

 * The toplist now groups different feed URLs for the same show
   together and sums up their subscriber count while still showing
   the alternative feed URLs (the primary feed URL for a given
   show is always determined by the maximum subscriber count for
   all URLs, so it's kind of a democratic feed URL voting thingie)

 * The toplist is now available as OPML feed:
   http://my.gpodder.org/toplist.opml

 * The gPodder-internal "Top podcasts" list that is always fetched
   from http://gpodder.org/toplist.opml is now redirected to the
   my.gpodder.org toplist, so all gPodder users decide which podcasts
   do show up in the podcast toplist (and because of the grouping
   feature, the feed URL given is hopefully always the canonical
   feed URL if there are alternatives)

 * The podcast grouping is currently done manually by me in the
   configuration of my.gpodder.org, so if you still spot some
   duplicate entries, please send me all URLs that point to that
   show (including OGG/MP3 feeds), and I'll take care of adding a
   new grouping entry to the configuration.

Enjoy,