[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.9.0 preparations: Please translate and test!

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:17:29 +0100

Hello nikosapi,

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:17:22 -0500 nikosapi wrote:
> 1) Add a timeout to the wget command, like -T 10 in case a feed is
> down then the max you have to wait is 30 sec (see the wget man page).

That's a good idea, thanks -> I've added a 15 seconds timeout just to
make sure it won't timeout too much when not needed (I'm still on 64k
at home :). Fixed in current svn trunk head.

> 2) For some odd reason on my FC6 box I still can't see the download
> speed, I just get "unknown". I looked at libwget but I can't see a
> problem. Here's a sample wget output from my FC6 box:
> 21% [====>                      ] 5,067,240   95.5K/s  eta 1m 51s
> And here's one from my Ubuntu box:
> 34% [=======>                ] 8,019,516    277.87K/s    ETA 01:19

Strange. This shouldn't happen of course. What does "wget --version"
output on each of your boxes? gPodder "reads" the current download
speed by trying to match the download speed with a regular expression,
but it should not be fooled by the difference of the "ETA" part. Maybe
you can investigate further or try out a locally-compiled wget just to
make sure it's not the Fedora package that's making problems?