[gpodder-devel] Offline mode.

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 19:37:11 +0100

Hello!

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 16:53 +0000, Shane Donohoe wrote:
> I was thinking of another feature for gpodder that could be useful. I
> would like gpodder to have an easily selectable offline mode, where it
> wouldn't try to download anything. Although my internet is always
> connected, whenever I run bittorrent, my bandwidth is all used up and
> gpodder trying to check for new feeds and whatever else gets in the
> way.

Ideally, I wanted to do some kind of auto-offline mode where gPodder
would check the connected state via D-BUS and NetworkManager or
something, like Evolution does.

> But maybe there is a different way of doing this. What do other people
> think?

Short answer: Well, just close down gPodder when you don't want it to
update the feeds (or disable the feed updates).

Long answer: Please file a bug report.

Thomas

PS: Please don't be confused that the short answer is "longer" than the
long answer ;)