[gpodder-devel] New podcast after deletion

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:33:32 +0200

Hello, Mansur, Leonid and Wilfred!

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 12:28 -0700, Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:
> I don't think it's a problem, but an issue what you
> expect of the world. If you don't download an episode,
> then technically speaking you cannot delete it, so it
> seems natural to me that it would show up again. What
> you want to do is basically ignore the fact that there
> is a new episode. You don't *have* to download new
> episodes, you can choose to ignore the icon. When a
> newer episode is available, the present episode will
> be listed without an icon.
>
> I think the current solution is best, because it
> allows you to track later whether you downloaded an
> episode and then deleted it, or you did not download
> it at all.

With the SQLite changes, we'll have proper support for "do not mark as
new" and also keeping track of the deleted status. I agree that the
current way of "deleting" an episode to not show it as downloaded is a
bit strange and unintuitive.

If all works out well, the new version (0.11.4) will have this fixed.