[gpodder-devel] Media player with bookmarks function and resume

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 22:16:53 +0200

Hello!

Today, I quickly hacked up a small media player that serves exactly one
purpose: Make it easy to play podcasts or audiobooks by automatically
saving the playback position on exit and resume on re-start. Also, it
has a simple bookmarking function so you can save and label interesting
positions.

This is in a really early stage, and I don't know yet if it's heading
somewhere. It surely is helpful for listening to podcasts in small
chunks. It runs on the Maemo platform, but also on a plain Gnome Desktop
installation with python-gstreamer as added dependency.

You can see screenshots and download the player here:

  http://thpinfo.com/2008/maemo/#resumingplayer

Feedback appreciated.