[gpodder-devel] Kaffeine support

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:46:17 +0200

Hello, Gerrit!

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 21:17 +0200, Gerrit Sangel wrote:
> I am using KDE and Kaffeine as a media player. Gpodder only detects
> vlc and democracy player as a player on my pc, but I really would like
> to use Kaffeine.
> [...]
> /usr/share/applications/kde/kaffeine.desktop (at least on Gentoo)

Thanks, I'm not using neither KDE nor Gentoo, so I didn't know that.
According to the freedesktop.org specs, I suppose all .desktop files
should go into /usr/share/applications/ - maybe this spec isn't fully
implemented in either KDE or Gentoo yet.

> Could you maybe implent this (if its the same on other
> distributions)?

Yes, as it doesn't hurt in situations where /usr/share/applications/kde/
is not present, I've added this to current svn trunk head.

Enjoy,