[gpodder-devel] Folders in Channel Navigator

  • From: elukeallan at gmail.com (Luke Allan)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:10:09 +1000

Currently I've got 40+ feeds and being able to categorise and/or
condense those would be a big help in managing what's going on with all
those feeds.

I was thinking of something similar to what Liferea does with its feeds
(see screenshot: http://liferea.sourceforge.net/screenshot9.png ). Not
the Unread/Important virtual folders at the bottom (although that would
be good to have :) - just the ability to group feeds into categories is
what  I'm really after)

Like gPodder, Liferea stores its channels in an OPML file however they
use a couple of additional attributes which allows them to save out the
folder structure as well. Likewise, Google Reader can export feeds w/
folder structure as an OPML file however they don't use the attributes
that Liferea does. Is there a standard for this?

I'm not sure how big of a request this is since I've never programmed in
Python and am unfamiliar with pyGTK. :/
Does anyone else think this would be useful?