[gpodder-devel] Channel covers don't show up?

  • From: pdedecker at gmail.com (Pieter De Decker)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:07:06 +0100

Hi,

I can hook you up with some links to online radio stations (no talk) and
non-mainstream podcasts that are worth listening to. The radio landscape
is not as messed up over here in Belgium as it is in the USA, but it's
getting worse.

Fortunately, there's this alternative radio station called Studio
Brussel that doesn't go with the flow. I usually tune in to their
breakfast show for a couple of minutes every morning before getting out
of bed. You might want to give their weekly "best of" podcast a try.
Just let me know if you're interested. It's the only mainstream podcast
I can friggin' stand listening to for more than five minutes.

I've never been to the USA so I have no idea what commercial radio
sounds like over there, but I imagine it sounding like Q-Music. I don't
know if you're familiar with that radio station; they branched out to
The Netherlands a few years ago. Anyhow, it's the most brain-dead radio
station I've ever listened to. And their podcasts sound alike. It's all
segmented and they keep playing the same songs for three months in a
row. Ugh.

Pieter

---