[gpodder] Re: Access-Control-Allow-Origin header on gpodder.net?

  • From: Matěj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 01:11:47 +0200

On 09/10/2013 09:16 AM, Stefan Kögl wrote:
> feeds.gpodder.net <http://feeds.gpodder.net> is a separate web service
> for parsing podcasts. Can you please verify if it suits your purpose? If
> so, please let me know and I'll add the CORS headers.

Seems to work correctly here, but ...

> Regarding gpodder.net <http://gpodder.net>: I'm currently working on a
> new version of the API, which should have a much cleaner documentation
> with more examples.
>
> Regarding feeds.gpodder.net <http://feeds.gpodder.net>: It has a much
> more narrow scope, so I think its documentation should be easier to grasp.

feed.gpodder.net is certainly easy to use. However, I have to admit I am
not completely against outsourcing whole subscription management to the
friendly freedom-loving cloud (i.e., gpodder.net). Basically if I get
easy example of doing:

1) subscribe a feed to be followed
2) unsubscribe a feed
3) get URLs of undownloaded episodes
4) mark an episode (probably identified by URL?) as downloaded

I would happily switch to using gpodder.net as my store for subscribed
feeds. I believe that's more or less complete API I would need (plus
some authorization).

Best,

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx

Microwave oven?  Whaddya mean, it's a microwave oven?  I've been
watching Channel 4 on the thing for two weeks.