[goodfeel] Re: how to write trills

  • From: "albertm13@xxxxxxxx" <albertm13@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 22:15:31 GMT

Just attach the tr annotation to the note that is trilled.  For your example,
you should write a quarter C (assuming 4/4) with the trill annotation.  The
following info is from "Musical Notation" by Gardner Read:
He refers to "exit" notes as terminal notes.
Summarized: The terminal group, however, is seldom actually notated, though
understood; if written down, it is written as grace notes."
If the trill persists over many notes then you should use a line of
continuation which you should be able to copy from Annotations.lim which should
be accessible from your Lime Start menu.  If that's too much trouble or you
want this to be brailled nicely, attach a trill annotation to each note that is
trilled.
Albert