[goodfeel] Questions on a vocal score

  • From: Mariaog <mylarynx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:44:20 +0200

Today my sighted assistant and `i compared the `PDF score of a vocal score to
the braille file produced by Goodfeel. We had several issues which `I am sure
you can help us fix.

Firstly, the voice line has double lyrics, in `Italian and English. The Braille
file showed only the second line, the English with a few Italian words
scattered here and there.
Secondly, there was a problem separating the voices in the piano parts. For
example, a whole note was not placed by itself in a bar. It was pared with the
half notes of another voice, thus causing the bar not to add up properly.
Our last issue is that I just cannot follow your instructions with regard to
how to save a BRF file and then read it on my Braillesense. My sighted
assistant who operates the computer, could not actually save the file for me.
He told me that when he starts Goodfeel, the file is sent to the embosser but
will not be saved in the computer itself. Unfortunately, the said computer does
not have a screen reader and chances of acquiring one, considering the
financial situation in Greece, are slim.

I am sorry we are having so much trouble. I think I just don't have the right
intuition for learning how to use your lovely software. I will try though. If
you can lend a helpful hand, that will be great.
My best to all of you,
Maria Georgakarakou.

Από το iPhone μου** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject�q]