[goodfeel] Re: Question about .xml imports

  • From: "Drapa Konchok Jungney / Patrick Walsh" <feofil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:55:19 -0500

Jacqueline Du Pre is rolling over in her grave, from laughing too hard.

From: Dalia Sakas <daliams88@xxxxxxx>
To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [goodfeel] Question about .xml imports
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:41:29 -0500

We used to use Finale as only our source for large print.  We now use it as
the source file for most of our projects because of the .xml capability.
For most projects this is fine.  We are now finding with more complicated
music that a lot is being lost and much editing in Lime needs to be done.
Here are the biggest things missing:
1.  Annotations for style ( eg. murmurando, strepitoso)
2.  When a phrase starts on a beat other than beat one, the dynamic marking
still gets attached to beat one.
3.  When the music is entered into Finale and there are several layers
(voices). This is not being transferred and we get a metrical nightmare.

Any information or enlightenment on these problems would be appreciated.

Dalia Sakas
Lighthouse Music School** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectúq]

 <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/510972802a93d728033d3st02duc>
Woman is 53 But Looks 25