[goodfeel] Re: In-Accords

  • From: Jorge Gonçalves <joport3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:22:22 +0000

Hello Bill. Thank you very much. It was a nice help.
Something came to my mind.
Maybe that's the way to go when we write music for orchestra for example writing the two flutes in one part but two voices.
What could you tell me about that?
Myself before knowing Goodfeel I never saw braille orchestral scores. Only piano ones.
I had to improvise in my Composition and other theory classes years ago.
But is it the way that symphonical music should be writen?
Thank you for the information.

Jorge Gonçalves
joport3@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: joport3
Twitter: www.twitter.com/goncalvesjorge

On 1/10/2013 4:52 PM, Bill McCann wrote:
Dear Jorge,

Yes, you have it exactly correct.  Even though you add the voice on the first
note or rest of your piece, GOODFEEL will not show the in-accord sign until it
is needed.  That is, you will not see in-accords with empty measures until the
second voice actually contains notes.

See my simple example attached.  If you arrow down to the second voice, Lime says
"rest not visible" to tell you that there is logically a measure of rest at
that position for that voice but Lime does not show it in print and GOODFEEL does not
show it in braille.

HTH,
Bill