[goodfeel] Explanatory Note about Authorization to Users of Lime Aloud and Description of Usefulness of Unauthorized GOODFEEL® for Error-checking

  • From: Bill McCann <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:45:16 +0000

Q.  I purchased the Lime Aloud suite of software.  When I launch GOODFEEL from
the File menu of Lime, I receive a message that GOODFEEL will run in demo mode
until I authorize it.  Why is that and can I still receive warnings and error
messages about my Lime file?

A.  First some background information: the official name of the product you
ordered is Lime Aloud.  It is a suite of software that includes Lime, the Lime
Aloud scripts for making Lime accessible, and the SharpEye Music Reader.  The
suite of software called GOODFEEL includes all of the above plus the GOODFEEL
Braille Music Translator software.  The main difference between Lime Aloud and
GOODFEEL suites is that the GOODFEEL suite gives you the option to produce a
braille score of your Lime file.  Otherwise, these products are identical.
That is, with either of them, you can read and write print music scores using
verbal and musical cues and you can scan print scores and import results into
Lime.

Lime Aloud users must still install GOODFEEL for a couple of reasons.  First,
the function to authorize all programs in both suites is part of GOODFEEL.
That is, you access the authorization function through GOODFEEL’s File menu.
The other advantage is that you can  still launch GOODFEEL and read the list of
warnings and errors about your Lime file.

Because you ordered Lime Aloud, your GOODFEEL software is not authorized.
However, you can disregard the error about no authorization for GOODFEEL and
still refer to that list of errors about your Lime file.  Without
authorization, GOODFEEL will revert to demo mode and transcribe only the first
10 measures of your Lime file into the equivalent braille music.  However, it
will still check the entire file for errors which should be useful information
for correcting the Lime file you want to read or create.

If you ever want to upgrade from Lime aloud to GOODFEEL Lite or Standard, you
can do so for the current price of GOODFEEL Lite or GOODFEEL Standard minus
what you paid for Lime Aloud.  You may first have to upgrade to the current
version if we have released upgrades since time of your original purchase.

** [mailto:goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectúq]